Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spaghetti Squash

 Spaghetti Squash
Ever heard of it?  Well it’s delish.  And a great noodle replacement.  On top of super easy to make!
One cup of spaghetti squash only has 60 calories!  Compared to your regular white noodle that contains 210 calories for 2 ounces! And just to throw this out there-one cup is equal to 8ounces.  You do the math.
I LOVE spaghetti, truly love it! But it’s not realistic for me to eat weekly.  So this is a great alternative.  It’s great with ground turkey, grilled chicken or fish. 

Directions:
  1. Heat the oven to 350. 
  2. Slice the squash in half.
  3. Scoop out the seeds just like you would do to a pumpkin or melon.
  4. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  5. Place the squash halves seed side down.
  6. Bake for 50-65 minutes or until soft.
  7. Hold the squash with an oven mitt and scrape the insides with a fork over a bowl. 
  8. I added 2 tbsp. of low sodium spaghetti sauce. 
Check out this YouTube video for a better visual.
I have gotten so many email asking for easy and healthy recipes! I am working on responding to each of you!  From now on I will post a new recipe each week!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I found your blog from the SkinnyMeg link up :)

    I've been meaning to try spaghetti squash! Thanks for posting this.

    Do you happen to know how long spaghetti squash stays good after it has been cooked? Im thinking this might be great for meal planning Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to save this recipe. I have never tried cooking spaghetti squash myself and have always heard what a good alternative to noodles it is. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete