Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Meal Plan

I’m so excited! 9 posts in and the numbers show 1,241 page views! This number is small compared to most blogs.  But I’m a newbie! J  And this means you’re reading!!
I’ve had a few people asking for meal plans and easy dinner ideas.  First and foremost I am no nutritionist.  But I do know what has worked for me.  And that is hard work!  I still have a ways to go.  
It’s 70% what you eat and the other 30% is exercise.  Diet pills will work.  BUT they are a quick fix and short term.  You will not maintain your weight once you get off of them.  Plus it’s not healthy!  Makes me sound like a hypocrite right?  I’ve tried them all! But no more!  How far I’ve come isn’t because of anything but living healthy.

Here’s the same word over again-PREPARE!!  When you hit the grocery store you have two choices.  Fresh or frozen.  Honestly it doesn’t matter.  (Unless you’re buying frozen dinners.  Check out the sodium! YIKES!)  I buy the frozen ready in 5, steamable veggies and keep them in the freezer.  No I do not have kids but we have busy lives and I don’t always stand in the kitchen for hours over a meal.
I can walk in the house, open the frig and grab a hand full of things and be eating in 10 minutes.  So many things are microwavable now.  Like sweet potatoes! It’s as easy as rinse, wrap and microwave for 5 minutes. 
Last night I was later getting home than usual.  So I grabbed a broccoli steamables and grilled chicken and popped it in the microwave.  Put the chicken on a 90 calorie flat wrap (in the deli section) with sliced avocado, hummus and salsa.  Easy right?

If you need easy breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack ideas email me!  I'll send you a few more helpful hints!



2 comments:

  1. It really is a lifestyle change! I have learned from experience. Starting out on my weight loss journey out of high school I tried several diet pills. Sure they helped give me energy. Sure I might have lost a little bit with their help. But once I got off of them and changed my diet and still worked out is when I REALLY started seeing results. I said goodbye to the fried food. Goodbye to desserts - for the most part - Goodbye to the diet drinks. By cooking at home you know exactly what goes into your meal and into your body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diet pills don't work but lifestyle changes do! Just takes a little extrta effort on our part. Words to live by! Thanks Amber!

    ReplyDelete