Thursday, May 2, 2013

Recap:

Friday Eve, my fav day of the week.  And one of the only nights I sit down in front of a TV and enjoy a few shows! Keep calm its Greys night right?
And I mean seriously? Would your Thursday be the same with out these 3? TVD.

On to healthier things than doctors and sexy vampires!
So I’ve had quite a few people asking for the recipe for my smoothies.  And I’m so glad you did! There are SO many ways to create a great smoothie.  I typically just use whatever fruit I have in the frig.
Examples for single serving blenders-
Spinach Smoothie:
Half glass crushed ice
Hand full of spinach
Couple small strawberries and half of a banana
2 spoon fulls of Greek yogurt.  (I buy Chobani)
Optional- Scoop of protein powder
Milk- you will need just enough to help it blend.  If it doesn’t blend well you need more milk.

Chocolate Protein Shake-
Half glass crushed ice
One scoop chocolate protein powder
2 spoon fulls Chobani Greek yogurt
One banana
Milk
Optional- One packet Truvia
For the coffee drinker- Replace your milk with a strong coffee for a protein packed iced mocha!


Wednesday on the go!
Yesterday I was on the go all day! I spent my Wednesday shopping and getting a much needed base break, highlight and Kerstase treatment from my girl Sunnie @Joel’s Salon.  
Who says lunch on the go can’t be healthy?

Once I made it to Little Rock I hit Staples, Target and Victoria Secret!  Picked up a few pretties and headed to the salon.  Joel’s is such a fun environment! And if you must take your man, they serve beer and wine! ;) No mine would probably never go!
As soon as I left the salon I went straight to Whole Foods and picked up some PB2 and something to cook for dinner.

What’s PB2? The best invention yet! Its powder PB that’s only 45 calories for 2 tbsp. Compared to 1 tbsp. of Jiffy for 190! 
Don’t have any? Get some! FYI Wal-Mart doesn’t carry it.

And lastly here’s our dinner.  I pickup a black pepper marinated chicken breast.  These were perfect.  All I had to do was throw them in the oven.  I also picked up some California Quinoa for myself and Veggie Fried Rice for the hubs. He says Quinoa looks like fish eggs. Whatev.






No comments:

Post a Comment