Friday, May 17, 2013

I need a break!

What an extremely busy last few days we have had! Sorry for the lack of post but it has been full blast since Tuesday of last week.  So let’s catch up!
Tuesday night of last week I made a cake for my cousin’s sweet baby boys 1st birthday! The cake was super cute!  But if you have ever worked with fondant you know you can count on a huge mess! I typically cover the whole kitchen in powder sugar! J


 Wednesday I hit the nail salon for a mani/pedi in prep for the wedding we were in on Saturday.  Then a little shopping and dinner with a friend.

Thursday I started making Spiderman Cupcakes for a friend’s little boys 6th birthday party.  I got all 50 cupcakes made and shaped like Spidy and BAM the power goes out.  To make it even worse it was right in the middle of Grey’s.  Thanks Mother Nature for getting all cranky on Grey’s night.  We thank ya. Not.  So the cupcakes had to wait until Friday morning for final touch ups.
I slept in Friday morning.  And it was so nice! We visited with my grandparents that afternoon and headed off to rehearsal dinner.  Oh course on the way it started hailing.  Because only in Arkansas can the sunshine and 5 minutes later it’s hailing.  Luckily everything cleared up and the weather was perfect the rest of the weekend. 

My sweet husband went to the grocery store and picked up everything on my list for Mother’s Day lunch while us girls were getting gorg for the wedding Saturday morning.
Sunday morning I set my alarm for 7AM!  I jumped up and started cooking!  Bran peeled and sliced apples for my apple pie while I started on a Strawberry Lemonade Cake.  I only had until 9:15 to grab a quick shower and be out the door and to church to sing in choir with my grandmother by 10:20.  After church we had lunch with my fam.  The hubs and I didn’t eat.  We were off to a cook out with his fam at 2!
There was not one crumb left from either one of my desserts! :)

Not to brag but both my apple pie and strawberry lemonade cake was delish! And no there was nothing healthy about them!  It’s totally fine to splurge just not every day!  We grilled burgers and hot dogs and of course all of the trimmings to go with.  So you can imagine how hard I have hit the exercise routine and clean eating this week!  Vacay is getting so close!  There’s no time for mishaps!

This week has been just as busy as last week.  So if I haven’t responded to emails and text like normal just know I have been on the go and getting home late every night.  Mostly last minute things for our trip and possibly a little shopping last night.  I scored two free beach towels with my purchase from Victoria Secret!! And 60% off of a matching carry on for my new coral Jessica Simpson luggage.  I’m still looking for fab passport book covers if anyone has seen any!
I also discovered this yummy new Long Island spinach smoothie from Tropical Smoothie that is the bomb!  Yall know I love a great healthy smoothie! J

I hope you all have a fab weekend! We are off to another wedding Saturday! Love is in the air! J
PS: Day 17 of the Squat Challenge, 150 squats.  GET IT! I’ve read that air squats do nothing unless you add weight.  Well my theory is 150 air squats is doing more for our rears than keeping them parked on the couch right?  Thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment