Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spinach Smoothies!

I love a good smoothie in the AM.  So quick and easy.  And let’s not forget super healthy! This morning I put together a strawberry & banana smoothie.  With added spinach of course! Before you say "EW I WOULD NEVER" hear me out.  First of all you CAN NOT taste the spinach.  Yes it gives your smoothie a green tint.  But that’s it.  No leafy spinach taste.

Spinach can provided so much more nutrients than other foods, when compared
calorie for calorie. Its low in calories and yet so high with vitamins and minerals.  Spinach is a great source of vitamin K, A, C, B2 and the list could go on forever! Loaded with antioxidants and acting as an anti-cancer substance.  Working out regularly?  It has also been identified as an anti-inflammatory!

Now that I’ve given you a science lesson on spinach. :) Throw a hand full of raw spinach into your next smoothie.  No added flavor! Just a little boost to your daily vitamin intake!

PS: Add a scoop or two of Chobain Greek Yogurt for added protein.  Or a scoop of you fav protein powder!

PSS: If you do not own a single serving blender I suggest you get one!  It's to much trouble to get out a big blender for one smoothie.  I got mine from Wal-Mart!



No comments:

Post a Comment